Saturday, June 28, 2008

Mommy Eats her Words!




So, I always said that when the girls came to me and asked if they could pierce their ears (thinking this would be around 7 or 8) I would oblige. Well this week out of the blue Piper began asking to get her ears pierced, the first few times I said are you sure, you do understand it hurts? But, she just kept saying despite the pain she still wanted to do it. Well since you have your ears pierced forever, we decided to go to Disney. I gave her every opportunity in the world to back out, really hoping once the gravity of the situation hit, she would be out of that chair in a split second. So we are at Libby Lu's at Downtown Disney while Piper picks out her earrings. They explained what was going to happen and that they would do both ears at once. She still wanted to proceed, she picked adorable rainbow flower (the petals were tiny gemstones). Then it was time, she sat on my lap held my hand tightly and made a quick grimace and it was over. Amazing, the girls there said 95% of the girls, even older girls cry. Before I could process the situation, little Polly was up in the chair wanting her done. She said she wanted pink flowers. I really never intended to get hers done. She sat there and was very happy and excited, I told her she did not have to do it, but there was no way I was getting her out of that chair. It was over in a flash and again not a single tear from Polly as soon as they showed her her ears there was a huge smile on her face. I still can't believe they actually went through with it, but what a great experience!

No comments: