Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tiny Dancer






Polly had her first ballet class yesterday. After falling asleep in the car on the way there, she woke up in quite a state. We went inside, all 4 of us, as Polly was screaming her little lungs out. She was tired and out of sorts. I tried every trick I knew to calm her, they all failed. As she was screaming, she looked up, saw pictures of little girls in their recital costumes and said "I want to wear that". I explained that those girls all took ballet class to learn the moves. She ran into class like horse trying to finish the derby. She followed every move, danced every step and just loved every second. When we had to go, she said she was staying. So far, today, she has asked 4 times when her next class is. You may also notice there were some tutu issues, I tried to take it off, but she insisted it was fine. Oh, sweet Polly!

No comments: